Thursday, December 2, 2010

eng 123 was mad dope

I forgot today was Thursday and missed the deadline. I’ll take the hit, it’s my fault. Nevertheless I would like to post my final post on our blog. I am not a reader, never have been. The reason I took this class was because I was late registering for classes and this one was open. I wish I could say that I am now transformed and will read forever and ever from here on out. That’s probably not going to happen. I’ll try, but I can’t make any promises. I am however, very grateful that I took this class because it was effin awesome. I could have lived a thousand lives and died a thousand deaths and still would have not read any of the books assigned to us this semester. I didn’t even know they existed. But I liked them all, they were great. What made them better and what made the class fun were the discussions we had. The way we agreed, disagreed, or agreed to disagree was all interesting and entertaining. The book I enjoyed the most and will definitely read again and again was this one, Gould’s Book of Fish. Because its effin crazy dope, today I was explaining it to this girl I work with and I was going bananas explaining this-that-and-the-other. I told her how all that jazz on page 337 blew me away. How he was hit in the face with pages of the book he hadn’t even writing yet, and how the book was a book about a book that turned into the book we were reading and soon enough her mind was blown too, pretty sure she went and bought a copy today. You know I went back and read the first chapter again today and found all kinds of new things and ideas I had missed the first go round. I really really really like this book. It’s funny and it’s not, it’s enlightening and confusing. I don’t care If I don’t get what it’s supposed to mean or represent, all I know is that I feel good and am forced to think when I read it and I enjoy that a whole hell of a lot.

That is all. If I don’t see any of you again I wish you the best in your future endeavors. You are all lovely people. Stay motivated.
OUT!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your comment about how you would have not read these books without being in this class and I have enjoyed most of them as well. However, the one you liked the most is the one I liked the least but probably because I was not such a big fan of Lost either. I also told my friends about Gould and they took the opposite approach than your friend and said they hope they never have to read this book! It is so funny how people can receive two totally different feelings from the same book. But, I am sure if you I was as enthusiastic as you when I was describing it rather than the look of disgust on my face they would have probably went out and bought it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought it was interesting how whenever I would read or reread GBF I would learn something new. I also thought it was so neat that I could interpret everything my way, but with everyone else's input, not just having a teacher tll us how to view this book. The same is true of the rest of the books; the reading guides, while tedious, have really done a good job of making me understand the books in a way that corresponds to me.

    ReplyDelete